Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Love is a Fungus by AJ Kaufmann

I came across this ancient graffiti
at the vegetable shop's wall
in fluorescent paint
there stood
a statement of attention
a statement to be reckoned
with:
"love is a fungus
and the street's where it grows..."
it suggested a whole epic
after...

there were all these green things
present
and they sure taste like your bodily
odors
and love is a fungus,
yes sir
indeed...
it reminds me of how are you dead...
it reminds me the juice
never spilled

love is a parking meter, too
and love is the cigarette
machine
it is also the crossroads where we first met
and the kiosk where we
swung
apart
and the Boogie St. dawn
which opens all nite

then I came across this graffiti artist
I somehow knew that's the man...
could tell by his hand
and serious fish eyes
I asked him:
"are you a goldfish, man, like me?"
he laughed
and said
"so that's how they meet..."
and whispered
"all love is a fungus"
and there's always an epic
after

cause the first line is always
the best
one

and our women are always
so
willing

No comments: